welcome to my blog, where I hope to encourage others in all areas of being a mom- the greatest job in the world!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Paleo or Potato?

    It seems like everyone has jumped on the Paleo Diet Trend or the Primal Diet as I've also heard it called. Well, I have been giving some serious thought to trying it out, I mean, for 30 days I can pretty much tolerate anything! So, I started investigating and do you know that in the Caveman days no one ate bread, Gasp! I mean really, no bread? No carbs? No Oatmeal? Really? What exactly can be bad about Oatmeal??

    So, because I might have a slight crush on all things carbs, I searched on for a diet that, even though weight loss would be nice, would produce a healthier me, not necessarily a skinnier me. After searching and finding a diet where I can eat guacamole, queso and chips I couldn't wait to start! So, I decided that the Gluten Free way of life is the diet that I can easily adopt(for 30days) that is. Now, don't get me wrong, I do not have any diagnosed condition that might be caused by gluten but in my reading up on the "G" stuff I really couldn't find anything good about it other than the fact that it held the white stuff(or brown, in my case) together, sigh. So I begin this journey of GF- this symbol has become my best friend:-)

    One of the main reasons that I did decide to go with the GF diet is because I read how gluten has severe negative affects on the thyroid. I'm pretty sure I have hypothyroidism to some degree but because I have more of my Mema in me than I would like to admit, I have an aversion to "pill taking". I'm trying to re-adjust my diet and see if that will help with the thyroid issues that I'm experiencing. I'm not even a week into this new "lifestyle" and I've learned some things:

    ~ I was right, I can eat chips and guacamole for every meal and be happy:)))

        ~GF does not necessarily mean low-fat or low-calorie, yikes!

            ~I feel A lot less bloated after eating, It's actually kind of disturbing
            how I might have associated bloating with being full.

                ~I think I'm going to have to learn to bake bread:-0

                    ~Having to think too hard about what or where you can eat will
                    make you lose your appetite.

                        That's all for now but in case you're wondering.....potatoes are GF and ketchup isn't, sigh!

                            Jennifer


                            No comments:

                            Post a Comment